Brigitt Raux, PhD Student
I joined the iSCB group in September 2014 for my PhD thesis. My project focuses on the development of protein-protein interaction inhibitors targeting Bromodomains, which are implicated in the inflammation and the development of cancer.
since 2013: PhD thesis in Structural Biochemistry
2012-2010: Research Master Degree in Biochemistry – Biotechnology, specialized in Structural and Functional Biology
2010-2007: Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry
2005-2007: Faculty of Pharmacy
01/09/14 - Today: PhD student at iSCB - CRCM - INSERM 1068 - CNRS 7558, Marseille. Development of protein-protein interaction inhibitors targeting Bromodomains, implication in inflammation and cancer development.
01/11/13 - 31/08/14: PhD student at EIPL - UMR 7282, Marseille. Characterization of specific inhibitors targeting digestive lipases, for the gastro-intestinal regulation in the context of the obesity.
2013 - 4 weeks internship: UMR 1048 - I2MC, Toulouse. Endocytosis of fluorescent proteins from blood platelets and fallowed to become by FRET (Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfert).
2012 - 8 weeks internship: Master Degree Internship - UMR 5089 Structural Biophysics group at IPBS, Toulouse. Biochemical and biophysical characterization of keto-synthase domain of PpsC polyketide synthase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
2011 - 4 weeks internship: UMR 5089 Structural Biophysics group at IPBS, Toulouse.
Conception of inhibitors targeting Hma methyltransferases from Mycobacterium tuberculosis using fragment based approaches.
2010 - 2 weeks internship: INSERM U761 «Bio-structures and Drug Discovery», Lille.
Synthesis of inhibitors targeting EthR protein, in therapeutic goal against tuberculosis.
Molecular Biology: Cloning, transformation, DNA purification and extraction.
Biochemistry: Expression of recombinant protein in Escherichia coli and Pichia pastoris systems. Protein purification by affinity and size exclusion chromatography on AKTA® system (prime and pure systems). Identification of proteins by SDS-PAGE and Western-Blot. Extraction and quantification of lipids on TLC by densitometry and Flame IonizatiDetection (FID).
Enzymology: Enzyme activity assays using pH-stat, lipolysis followed during liquid and solid meal assays.
Biophysics: Homogeneous Time Resolved Fluorescence (HTRF), Thermal Shift Assays (TSA), Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC), Dynamics Light Scattering (DLS). Echo Labcyte ® platform.
Crystallography: Crystallization of proteins and protein-ligand complexes (co-crystallization and soaking), collect manually and using robot. Collect of X-Ray data at home (AFMB lab) and on ESRF Synchrotron site. 3D Resolution of 3D structure by molecular replacement.
Software: Linux, XDS, CCP4, Phenix, Buster, Coot, PyMOL, Graph Pad Prism, Isis Draw.
- #. Publication Title. Authors list. Journal. Pubmed ID: Publication ID number
- 4. Slowing down fat digestion and absorption by an oxadiazolone inhibitor targeting selectively gastric lipolysis. Point V, Bénarouche A, Zarrillo J, Guy A, Magnez R, Fonseca L, Raux B, Leclaire J, Buono G, Fotiadu F, Durand T, Carrière F, Vaysse C, Couëdelo L, Cavalier JF. Eur J Med Chem. 2016 Aug 8;123:834-848. Pubmed ID: 27543878
- 3. Protein-Protein Interaction Inhibition (2P2I)-Oriented Chemical Library Accelerates Hit Discovery. Milhas S, Raux B, Betzi S, Derviaux C, Roche P, Restouin A, Basse MJ, Rebuffet E, Lugari A, Badol M, Kashyap R, Lissitzky JC, Eydoux C, Hamon V, Gourdel ME, Combes S, Zimmermann P, Aurrand-Lions M, Roux T, Rogers C, Müller S, Knapp S, Trinquet E, Collette Y, Guillemot JC, Morelli X. ACS Chem Biol. 2016 Jun 3. Pubmed ID: 27219844
- 2. Exploring Selective Inhibition of the First Bromodomain of the Human Bromodomain and Extra-terminal Domain (BET) Proteins. Raux B, Voitovich Y, Derviaux C, Lugari A, Rebuffet E, Milhas S, Priet S, Roux T, Trinquet E, Guillemot JC, Knapp S, Brunel JM, Fedorov AY, Collette Y, Roche P, Betzi S, Combes S, Morelli X. J Med Chem. 2016 Feb 25;59(4):1634-41. Pubmed ID: 26735842
- 1. Supported inhibitor for fishing lipases in complex biological media and mass spectrometry identification. Delorme V, Raux B, Puppo R, Leclaire J, Cavalier JF, Marc S, Kamarajugadda PK, Buono G, Fotiadu F, Canaan S, Carrière F. Biochimie. 2014 Dec;107 Pt A:124-34. Pubmed ID: 25064360